In 2007 the Colorado Wood Utilization and Marketing Program sponsored the development of this interactive website to encourage information sharing between pinyon nut buyers, harvesters, and public land managers.
Pinonnuts.org brings together multiple types of information, including:
* Pinyon crop forecasts for Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah
* Information about harvesting permits and harvesting guidelines
* Contact information for harvesters, brokers, and land managers
* Historical information about pinyon crops
* Descriptions of pinyon harvesting traditions
* Information about projects, publications, and websites
If you have information to share on any of these topics, please send an email to project partner, Rebecca McLain, at firstname.lastname@example.org or post the information on the pinyon bulletin board.
Learning Learning about pinyon management Photo by P. Frazier 2007
WEB SITE AND PROJECT CREDITS
Institute for Culture and Ecology
PO BOX 6688 Portland, OR 97228
Website Content Advisor
Penny Frazier www.pinenut.com
Site Design by: Barnstorm Designs www.barnstormdesigns.com